St. Paul's is a vibrant and family-friendly church with a 170-year history of God’s grace, faithful Biblical teaching, and outreach to our community.
STRENGTHEN THE SAVED; SAVE THE LOST
OUR MISSION STATEMENT, Strengthen the Saved; Save the Lost, reflects the Great Commission Christ gave to His Church: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20, ESV)
THE GOOD NEWS: Jesus Christ is worshiped and boldly proclaimed at St. Paul's as the Savior of the world. As Jesus so clearly stated, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16, ESV) It is through the proclamation and the hearing of this Good News that the Holy Spirit works saving faith in people (Romans 10:17). There is also great joy and thanksgiving at St. Paul's when the Holy Spirit, through the water and Word of Baptism, works in the hearts of infants, children, and adults, thus saving them (Titus 3:5).
IN COMMUNION TOGETHER: On a weekly basis the Lord's Supper (Holy Communion) is received at St. Paul's. Here, Christ is present in a very special and promised way, offering His own body and blood, forgiveness of sins, and strength for daily living.
GROWING IN THE FAITH: There is a recognition at St. Paul's that the faith that is begun in a new Christian needs to be nurtured through the Word of God. The pastors at St. Paul's preach sermons that explain and apply the Scripture in ways that are meaningful. An extensive program of Christian education is offered for children and adults so that all might continue to grow and mature in the Christian faith.
COMMITMENT TO QUALITY CHRISTIAN EDUCATION SINCE 1849: An Early Childhood Center, Preschool, and Elementary School (K-8) provide students with a high-caliber academic experience, one that is grounded in the Word of God.
CHURCH SERVICES IN THE SANCTUARY (MAIN CHURCH)
- Sundays at 8:00, 9:30 & 10:45 a.m., Saturdays at 5:00 p.m.
- Traditional liturgical worship with organ music, choir/orchestra
- Lord's Supper: first, third, and fifth weekends
- Children's message: puppet show on second Sundays
LIVING STONE SERVICE IN THE GYM
- Sundays at 10:45 a.m. in the gym
- Christ-centered liturgical worship in an acoustic music setting with vocalists, guitars, keyboard, drum
- Lord's Supper: second, fourth and fifth weekends
- Children's message: in each service
BIBLE STUDY HOUR: SUNDAYS 9:25 - 10:25 a.m. INFO
CHILDREN'S SUNDAY SCHOOL: 9:15-10:35 a.m.
- Little Lambs (0-2 yrs) meet with parents
- 3 yrs-PreK classes; K-5th grade classes; 6th-8th grade classes
- High school youth are encouraged to participate in our intergenerational adult Bible studies
- Location: Our greeters and ushers are happy to direct you to each age level's classroom.
CONTACTS & MAPS HERE
• CHRISTIAN CO-ED DAY SCHOOL
• KINDERGARTEN TO 8TH GRADE
- Equipping students with an excellent academic, spiritual and leadership foundation for life.
- National- and state-accredited school with faculty and students committed to distinction in mathematics, science/STEM, language arts, social studies, religious instruction, music, fine arts, foreign language, health, and physical education.
- Team athletics, extracurricular programs in art, music, scholar bowl, robotics and more.
- Technology-equipped classrooms.
• PRESCHOOL, PRE-K, INFANT & TODDLER CARE
• 10 WEEKS THROUGH 5 YEARS
• FULL DAY, HALF DAY OR SCHOOL DAY OPTIONS
• YEAR-ROUND OR SCHOOL YEAR OPTIONS
Building a Christ-centered foundation with children and families, emphasizing growth and learning through play, activities, exploration, and discovery. Enrollment available for Preschool and Pre-K classroom curriculum.
• CARING, FLEXIBLE CHILDCARE
• 6 WEEKS THROUGH 5 YEARS
• OPTIONS FROM 1 TO 4 DAYS A WEEK
Loving childcare ministry where learning about Jesus is a hands-on experience with Bible stories, crafts, music, educational activities and playtime.
ST. PAUL'S LUTHERAN CHURCH OF DES PERES