SATURDAY, JULY 11 • Weekend worship service now online: WATCH HERE
THURSDAY, JULY 9 • New Minute Message from Pastor Thomas: WATCH HERE
TUESDAY, JULY 7 • New Minute Message from Pastor Wade: WATCH HERE
• New congregational letter about expanded worship and new times, beginning July 4: READ HERE
• Discover your COVID-19 antibody test status when you give blood at St. Paul's July 27 BLOOD DRIVE
8AM, 9:30AM & 11AM SUNDAY | Church Sanctuary | Communion on first, third, fifth weekends
10:45AM SUNDAY | Living Stone in gym | Communion on second, fourth, fifth weekends
5PM SATURDAY | Sanctuary | Communion on first, third, fifth weekends
St. Paul's is pleased to offer modified on-site services carefully planned with safety procedures in mind, and in compliance with COVID-19 protocols in St. Louis County.
Safety measures include worshipers wearing masks, complimentary masks, socially-distanced seating, preregistration to ensure compliance with capacity guidelines, between-service surface disinfecting, distanced entrance and exit flow, services shortened to 30-40 minutes, continuous-line communion, pastors gloved and masked for communion, touchless offerings, hymnals removed from pews, and more.
Whether your comfort level currently includes on-site worship or leans toward extra caution and at-home viewing of services, St. Paul's pastors fully support and understand your prayerful decision. At St. Paul's, we know that choices about public worship and interactions are highly personal, carefully chosen, and should wisely reflect one’s age and medical considerations.
• Preregister to attend worship services (required for capacity compliance)
• Learn what to expect on-site: June 27 letter
• Volunteer to help at church services (assist pastors, guide, sanitize surfaces, candles, offering)
St. Paul's is committed to offering online viewing of our worship services to meet the COVID-19 health considerations of every family. We warmly invite you to join us for worship, whether you participate from home or attend on-site.
Recorded video services are added online each weekend on Saturday evenings.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Do you, or someone you know, need help shopping for groceries or prescriptions because you don't feel comfortable being in public right now? Do you need prayer? Do you need someone to talk to? We're here for you! Please let us know how we can serve you: click here to tell us more.
BE A "HELPERS IN ACTION" VOLUNTEER
We're pleased to have several caring and able-bodied congregation members offer to assist other members in need with grocery shopping and pharmacy pick-ups. To volunteer, please email Sharon Shearman or Leslie Rudzinski on our Family Ministry team, or call the church office at 314-822-0447.
From our pastors: "During these challenging times, we will do our best to provide pastoral care, even if it means using unconventional means. Please contact us if we can be of service to you." Pastor Thomas and Pastor Thomson
FOUNDATION BIBLE STUDY EACH SUNDAY AT 9:30 VIA ZOOM: INF0/LINKS
Each Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. Pastor Thomson and Pastor Wade team-teach an online version of the Foundation Bible Class using Zoom, a videoconferencing platform.
LIVE RADIO EACH SUNDAY AT 9:30am ON KFUO 850AM
St. Paul's is pleased to continue offering our Pastors' Bible Class, broadcast live each Sunday at 9:30 a.m. CDT on KFUO 850AM radio in the St. Louis region. Nationwide, listen live online at KFUO.org or search class archives.
"FAITHFUL FRIDAYS" REFLECTIONS
Read weekly real-life stories of hope and encouragement, authored by St. Paul's members who highlight a time when they've recognized God at work in their lives. Because the sharing is personal, you'll find them in the password-protected section of our Member Portal.
Be encouraged by an article on a life of peace, written by our own Sharon Shearman, St. Paul's Director of Family Ministry. Also published in the Simquily online magazine is Mrs. Shearman's article on joy.
- SERMONS: Hear our pastors' encouragement in God's Word - in Law and Gospel - by listening to past Sunday sermons, with over 300 archived.
- BIBLE STUDIES: We have a full archive of past St. Paul's Bible studies, including Foundation, and Institute or Theology.
- ALL ARCHIVES: Find all of our listening archives on our Media pages.
JULY AT-HOME SUNDAY SCHOOL MATERIALS
The Faith at Home Corner and God Time at Home weekly guides will help St. Paul's parents establish family devotional activities and discover creative, everyday ways to make Christ the center of the family. Each week parents will find at-home ideas for object lessons, family activities, conversation starters, games with a message, mealtime connections, and more. To be added to St. Paul's weekly e-mailed resource mailings, email Leslie Rudzinski.
A LOOK BACK AT JUNE
"Go Mongolia," our June Sunday School focus, was a great adventure! Use these links anytime to explore this Lutheran Hour Ministries (LHM) resource. Enjoy new music and videos that will make the journey exciting and memorable, and learn fascinating facts of day-to-day life by meeting Mongolian children. Witness the importance of God's vast love for us all, while engaging in activities that explore Mongolian language, history, and food. To get started, register with LHM here, print the workbook for the whole series for each child here, with optional extra coloring sheets. Find a coin bank printable here, and learn more about LHM's Global Kids Fund. Use the Middle School Online Experience link for all children over the age of four. Additional games and food ideas can be found in the Grade School Interactive Curriculum.CHILDREN'S CHAPEL & PUPPET SHOWSAT-HOME ONLINE CHAPEL FOR YOUNG CHILDREN & FAMILIES: WATCH HERE
LCMS AND MISSOURI DISTRICT RESOURCES
Find a variety of devotional and practical resources from the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, including devotional videos from LCMS president, Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison and others. Read devotional blog posts from Missouri District president, Rev. Lee Hagan, or subscribe to daily devotions by past district president, Rev. Dr. Ray Mirly.
CONCORDIA PUBLISHING HOUSE
Family devotional materials from Concordia Publishing House, the publishing arm of the LCMS, can be found here, along with at-home
LUTHERAN HOUR MINISTRIES
Reflect on daily devotions and The Lutheran Hour radio shows from Lutheran Hour Ministries. Listen to LHM's Speaking of Jesus podcasts featuring real people having a real conversation about life, Jesus, and what He means to them.
- Saturday, July 4: Congregational letter about St. Paul's compliance with county-mandated mask wearing
- Saturday, June 27: Congregational letter about expanded worship services and times, beginning July 4
- Saturday, May 16: Congregational letter about May 23/24 worship reopening procedures
- Monday, May 4: Pastor Glen Thomas' letter
- Monday, March 30: Pastor Glen Thomas' letter
- Monday, March 24, 2020: Pastor Glen Thomas' letter
- Saturday, March 21, 2020: Principal Janet Profilet's school letter (locker pickup change)
- Thursday, March 19, 2020: Principal Janet Profilet's school letter (lockers, laptops, hours)
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020: Pastor Glen Thomas' letter (online worship, private communion)
- Tuesday, March 17, 2020: Pastor Glen Thomas' letter
- Monday, March 16, 2020: Principal Janet Profilet's school closure letter and locker pick-up schedule
- March 15 & 17, 2020: Director Bev Gruenwald's ECC closure letters
- Friday, March 13, 2020: Pastor Glen Thomas' letter
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020: Pastor Glen Thomas' letter
St. Paul's pastors, staff, church leaders, and elders have dedicated themselves to considerable prayer and thought regarding the practical considerations of dealing with the coronavirus pandemic, and to helping our congregation stay well amid rapidly-changing circumstances. Please be assured that we are continually monitoring the news for the most up-to-date information, recommendations, and public policies.
- If you or any member of your household are feeling ill, have an elevated temperature, or have other COVID-19 symptoms described by the CDC, or have visited areas with travel advisories, we ask that you remain at home.
The work of Christ continues locally at St. Paul's and around the world. Please continue to support these ministries with your gifts. Your kind generosity is especially appreciated at this time.
Our secure online giving link can be found at the bottom of the main menu, or by clicking here.