REGISTRATION CLOSED ON SEPTEMBER 8
All St. Paul's congregation members — individuals, families, and friend groups — are welcomed for a fall getaway weekend. The retreat has become a favorite St. Paul's tradition for many over the years, from the young to the young at heart.
Recharge, reconnect, and refresh yourself in God's Word as you make memories and grow in Christian friendship at our congregational retreat. Together we will renew our relationship with God, others, and ourselves!
YMCA Trout Lodge in Potosi, Missouri with 5200 acres of rolling hills, lush forests, and serene lakes.
Friday, September 29 to Sunday, October 1, 2023
Register by Friday, September 8
RESTORED AND ROOTED
FOSTERING SPIRITUAL ROUTINES TO WITHSTAND LIFE'S STORMS
Keynote Presentations | Adults and teens will enjoy Saturday morning and Saturday evening presentations by guest speaker Rev. Dr. David Schmitt, who will guide us through ways to foster spiritual routines to withstand life’s storms.
- While adults take time away for the study of God's Word, children 5 and older will have fun at youth activities; childcare will be available for children 4 and younger
Sunday Worship Service | St. Paul's will lead a special Sunday-morning worship service, with Communion, in the Trout Lodge chapel.
- Lodging | Friday and Saturday night's lodging.
- Grounds | Friday through Sunday access to lodge grounds and activities.
- Meals | Six all-you-can-eat buffet meals (Friday dinner through Sunday
lunch) that include entrée choices, soup and salad bar, kids' meal station, desserts, beverages, and a coffee bar.
- Activities | Trout Lodge offers an abundance of complimentary outdoor activities and recreation. Additional excursions and adventure-based activities are offered for a small fee. Learn more below.
Free Activities | Tennis, sailing, paddleboats, row boats, canoeing, fun-yaks, fishing, hiking, biking, archery, jogging/fitness/nature trails, movies, geocaching, basketball, volleyball, rollerblading, tennis, campfires with s'mores and songs, field sports, riflery, historical property tours, pontoon tours, ping pong, board games, Frisbee golf, miniature golf course.
Fee-based Activities | Horseback riding, hayrides, pony rides, carriage rides, boat floats, adventure-based activities such as the climbing tower, free-fall swing, zip-line slide, rocketry, arts and crafts, fishing trips, Fourche' Valley Golf Club.
Check-in | Lodge check-in time on Friday is 3:30 p.m.; check-out time on Sunday is 11:30 a.m. You are welcome to enjoy the grounds and activities before check-in and after check-out.
Amenities | Cribs, hair dryers, ironing boards and refrigerators are available by request. A fitness room, gift shop with an ice cream counter, ice and vending, and wireless internet service are available to guests. Rooms are located in the Sunnen Center Lodge overlooking Sunnen Lake.
Rooms and Lofts
- Single-family hotel-style guest rooms with two queen beds (optional roll-away bed: first come-first served); bathroom with separate vanity; workspace with table and
chairs; walkout balcony/patio.
- Large family/multi-family loft suites with two queen beds
and two roll-away beds for families of five or more; sofa; full bathroom; two vanity areas; table and chairs;
refrigerator; walkout balcony.
- Single-family hotel-style guest rooms with two queen beds (optional roll-away bed: first come-first served); bathroom with separate vanity; workspace with table and chairs; walkout balcony/patio.
St. Paul's members will enjoy a special rate that is lower than standard Lodge rates. A combination of St. Paul's financial sponsorship and special group discounts offered by Trout Lodge help keep costs low for your family.
- Adults (ages 18+): $150
- Children (ages 5-17): $50
- Children (ages 0-4): free!
Additional meal tickets are available from the front desk, at a cost, if you would like to extend your stay.
- Adults (ages 18+): $150
Registration has closed.
You may write one check (made payable to St. Paul's Lutheran Church) or pay in multiple installments. You may also pay online by clicking here. Indicate "Congregational Retreat" in the "Other" field. Payment must be made in full before the retreat weekend.
If you have any questions please contact Julie Claus, Ministries Secretary, at 314-686-7878 or Sharon Shearman, Director of Family Ministry, at 314-686-7873.